We are proud to serve the citizens of Kossuth County. Your Kossuth County Sheriff's Office is responsible for the law enforcement duties in Kossuth County Including.
- Respond to emergency calls
- Serve Civil and other official papers
- Have charge of the county jail and custody of the prisoners
- Patrol of County Roadways
Please contact the sheriff’s office directly for assistance with the following during normal business hours 8AM-4PM Monday through Friday.
- Permit to Carry Applications
- How do I obtain copy of accident report
- How do I commend a deputy
- How do I file a report of misconduct regarding a deputy
- How do I arrange for a vacation check of my property in my absence
The Kossuth County Sheriff's Office is concerned for the safety and welfare of the citizens of Kossuth County. If you have information concerning the possession, use, or distribution of illegal substances please call Chief Deputy Nick Larson at 515-295-3514. Your information will be kept confidential.
PERMIT TO CARRY
Due to the changes in the Iowa Non Professional Permit to Carry laws and the Permit to Acquire laws passed July 1, 2017 the Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office will be making some changes in regards to the application process.
Beginning January 1, 2018 the permits will be printed by the Department of Public Safety from a central location, but the applications will still be taken at the Kossuth County Sheriff’s Office.
In order for the Kossuth County Sheriff’s office to make this transition, we will not be taking any applications between Friday December 15th, 2017 and January 2nd, 2018.
Beginning January 1, 2018 we will not accept any applications after 3:00 p.m., because of the data that needs to be uploaded to the DPS on a daily basis.